Black Aronia is a small shrub of the rosacea family. It comes from Canada, where the wildly growing Aronia occupy vast territories. Long before the appearance of European colonialists, Indians were treated with the juice of twig blight and produced dish recipes, with the addition of flour prepared from its berries.
For the first time in the 19th century, the black wolf was introduced into Europe and Russia. True in nature, it could not boast of having a decorative appearance or the taste of fruit. The cultural aroma is the result of I.V. Michurin’s selection work. It is distinguished from wild aronia by its lack of pretension and frost resistance, as well as by a new set of chromosomes.
The fruits of aronia are edible and mature at the end of September. Harvest them before the first autumn frosts. The ripe fruits are black and purple, with a rich ruby-colored flesh, with a sweet and sour taste, slightly acidic and astringent.
The name of the culture comes from the Greek Aros, which means “to use”. Vitamins P, K, C, E, group B, beta-carotene, trace elements boron, manganese, fluorine, iron, molybdenum, as well as coumarin and amygdalin compounds are found in black berries. It is a champion of iodine content in plants growing in northern latitudes.
When combined with berries rich in vitamin C, the use of aronia increases many times. As a result, many fees containing vitamins are included in the recipes. By the way, vitamin P (flavonoid, which slows down the aging process) is twice as high as in blackcurrant. The daily intake of vitamin P is found in only 3 tablespoons of black fruit. And the iodine content is 4 times higher than in raspberries, strawberries and gooseberries.
Chokeberry – benefits in the fight against ailments
Aronia is very popular in traditional medicine. Please note that they have contraindications for certain diseases and can harm the body.
Diseases of the digestive system
The pectins contained in blueberries remove radioactive substances and heavy metals that damage the body, have a harmful effect on pathogenic microflora, normalize the intestines, act as a mild choleatic agent and are used to treat cholecystitis without stone formation.
Black aronia activates the action of gastric juice and is of great benefit to people with low stomach acidity. A few berries, taken shortly before a meal, bring notable relief: the digestion of food accelerates and becomes easier, eructation, the putrid breath of the mouth, the feeling of heaviness in the stomach disappears. And with increased acidity, it aggravates unpleasant symptoms and can even be harmful.
The dwarf blackberry is effective in preventing ischemic heart disease and varicose veins. It has a unique ability to normalize the increase in blood pressure and intracranial pressure, but has a contraindication to hypotension. Normalizes blood cholesterol, reduces its harmful effects and reduces the risk of thrombosis. Gives elasticity and elasticity to the walls of blood vessels. Helps to apathy and weakness.
Fruits have anti-allergic and antioxidant properties, strengthen the body’s immune defences. In the season of catarrhal diseases, the use of aronia is invaluable. Antacyanine in its composition fights against the development of cancer.
Aronia is used to treat thyroid disease, radiation, goitre and thyrotoxicosis. It contains sorbitol that is easily assimilated, so it is useful in diabetes mellitus, especially in hair lesions.
The anthocyanins used in black fruits help to fight obesity: they keep blood glucose levels at an optimal level and prevent the appearance of a false feeling of hunger. In 100 g of fruit only 55 kcal. Therefore, aronia has no contraindications for those on a diet and can be safely included in the recipes of their dishes.
Diseases of the nervous system
A black nerve reduces emotional imbalance and helps with overwork and sleep disorders.
The fruits of aronia can be kept fresh for a long time. To do this, clusters of berries are hung under the shed of a house or shed and the latter is frozen. In this form, aronia retains all its taste and health qualities throughout the winter, the berries are dried and dried at a temperature of at least 50 ° C.
Black fruits make juices, jams, kissels, compotes, jellies, jams and marmalades. Recipes of great variety. From the method of harvesting aronia, its advantages do not diminish.
The berries form a thick dessert or a ruby-coloured liqueur wine with a pleasant taste. Aronia juice can be safely included in blended red wine recipes. Black wine is recommended to improve digestion and high blood pressure. A spirit tincture is an excellent warming and toning drink.
20 grams of fruit pour a glass of boiling water and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Cool and drink 4 times a day for half a glass to strengthen the immune system.
For hypertension, low acid gastritis and hemorrhoids, it is useful to drink a quarter glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice twice a day with a spoonful of honey half an hour before meals. The same effect can be achieved if you eat 100 grams of fresh or frozen berries per day.
To prevent atherosclerosis, it is necessary to eat 200 g of berries per day for 6 weeks and take vitamin C.
With anemia and asthenia, a decoction of pommel fruits, blackcurrant and musk rose will help.
Black Aronia cannot be used with thrombophlebitis, increased blood clotting, reduced pressure, increased acidity and ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract.
The advantages and disadvantages of aronia and contraindications to its use
Healthy eaters and all those suffering from avitaminosis during the off-season are interested in the usefulness of black aronia and why it is highly recommended, not only by traditional healers, but also by representatives of official medicine, and even lovers to eat berry-based desserts.
Description of the plant
Aronia is a short tree or a shrub with branches. In a different way, this medicinal plant is called Black Rowan, Black Carp, Black Aronia. Its berries are rich in black shapes, slightly purplish and round, have a tangy, astringent, sour taste. The flesh of a ripe fruit is a deep ruby colour, the leaves are bright and resemble those of a cherry tree.
Aronia is a fairly common bay. You can meet her in gardens and suburbs. The useful properties and contraindications have been known for a long time. Canada is considered the birthplace of a medicinal plant, where the wolf has grown in enormous quantities. On the territory of Europe, then Russia, the wild arisier was in the 19th century. The fruits of the shrubs were inedible, without any particular taste, and the trees themselves had a more decorative purpose.
Such a aronia only began to be perceived as a fruit plant after the selection work of Russian scientist I. V. Michurin. It is distinguished from the wild variety by its increased frost resistance, unpretentious simplicity and improved taste properties. To use massively aronia has become when the advantages and contraindications of berries have been studied. Now it is officially registered by the Ministry of Health in the list of medicinal and medicinal plants.
The beneficial properties of aronia and its beneficial effects on the human body are due to its rich biochemical composition. Berries contain a lot of nutrients.
- Phenolic antioxidants – in greater quantities than in cranberries or blackberries.
- Vitamins – groups B, C, E, K. In plant fruits, vitamin P, recognized as a substance that slows aging, is twice as important as in blackcurrant.
- Tannins, pectin, beta-carotene, starch.
- Glucose, sucrose, fructose, fibre.
- Folic acid
- Trace elements – iodine, manganese, bromine, phosphorus, copper, potassium, fluorine, iron, sodium, magnesium.
- Organic acids – oxalic, malic, citric in small quantities.
The advantages of black aronia are indisputable: it contains sufficient amounts of vitamin P to meet the daily needs of this natural compound. Just eat 3 tablespoons of berries.
The calorie content of the wild nature of black ash is quite low – 55 kcal is equivalent to 100 grams of fruit. Not only the aronia bunches, but also the leaves have healing properties.
The black aronia because of its useful properties is popular in traditional medicine. It is important to ask yourself what are its positive properties, what activity of the organs it normalizes and what systems of the body it reinforces.
- Eating black aronia reduces the risk of developing certain diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- A positive effect on the digestive system, stimulates the gastrointestinal tract, improves and accelerates the digestion process. Fruit products are accepted as a stimulant for weight loss.
- Black aronia berries are considered a natural source of multivitamins. They are used to increase immunity during the period of seasonal diseases, strengthen it, help with hypovitaminosis.
- Reduce blood pressure, thin the blood, which is manifested by a tendency to thrombosis.
- Due to the unique composition of aronia, it is able to clean the body from the inside and activate protection against various types of radiation.
- The application of compresses to the skin, aronia-based ointments improve the condition, rejuvenate, heal wounds, while skin disease facilitates the progression of the disease, cleanses the skin’s surface.
- A large amount of iodine in the fruit helps with thyroid gland diseases, it is necessary to cure radiation disease.
- Lower cholesterol.
- Fights depression, apathy and weakness.
The use of aronia is invaluable, but the damage caused by the use of berries in some diseases is enormous.
After studying all the positive qualities of aronia, the risks and contraindications to its use should be examined.
Diseases that the bay can make worse:
- hypotension – due to the property of the plant fruit to reduce the pressure that such a disease is not necessary;
- increased blood clotting;
- varicose veins;
- an ulcer if it appears in the context of increased acidity (the black feather has the ability to increase acidity);
- stones and sand in the gallbladder, kidneys.
- Black aronia berries can cause heartburn, discomfort and allergic reactions are possible. It has an astringent effect that can lead to constipation.
The use of a medicinal plant in children under 3 years of age is unacceptable.
Aronia sickness is not fully understood. Therefore, when you decide to eat it or prepare a berry base, compresses or masks based on tincture, you should closely monitor your person’s well-being.
The particularity of the plant’s fruits is that at the beginning of the cold, the amount of sugar they contain increases. The berries become more pleasant to taste, sweet.
Chokeberry berries are good for health in all its forms. They retain their properties in fresh, frozen and dried form. Fresh fruit can be stored for several months in bunches in a cool, dark place. To keep valuable berries longer, they must be properly dried.
Only whole, unspoiled fruit, carefully separated from excess waste, is suitable for drying. They must be washed, dried on a towel. Then place the loose aronia on a baking sheet and let them dry in the oven at a temperature of at least 40°. The door must be ajar.
After the drying process, the aronia must be left in the open air to be cooled. The finished berry can be stored in paper bags for more than a year.
Aronia is used for jam, marmalade, compotes, jelly, nectars, fruit drinks, infusions, decoctions, liqueurs and wine.
The advantages of aronia for the female body
A dwarf whose beneficial properties have a positive effect on the woman’s body will become a store of vitamins during pregnancy. Its reception will compensate for the lack of important nutrients and provide valuable compounds necessary for the child’s development.
Black Aronia calls for the cure for old age. It is widely used in cosmetology. There are recipes for making face masks from a berry, the most popular being presented below.
- Take a glass of black fruit, grind, add olive juice (1 tbsp.) and dry yeast (25 g). Mix all ingredients well, apply for 15 minutes to face, rinse with warm water. The use of this home cosmetic remedy will have a positive effect on the skin.
- Grate 2 cucumbers on a grater, put 1 tablespoon in it. Ground berries, add 1 drop of lemon juice. Mix all together and apply to face for 15 minutes. This nourishing mask disinfects the skin.
Useful recipes with aronia berries
To prepare yourself, you should take 20 berries from the plant, put them in a container, pour boiling water (200 ml) and boil for 20 minutes over low heat. Once the liquid has cooled, filter. This broth, stimulating the immune system, you should take three times a day, 100 ml.
Remedy for hypovitaminosis
Every day, you should eat 250 grams of black bilberry with blackcurrant and rosehip decoction. This tool will help to deal with “vitamin deprivation”.
Put the unwashed black fruit (2 kg) in the container, add sugar or sugar (0.5-0.6 kg) and add the raisins from the black grapes (200 g). Contain the contents of the container with half water, close. Put for 2 weeks in a dark and dry place, but do not forget to stir the composition daily and gradually fill the remaining amount of sugar. After not touching the wine for 30 days. When the berries are completely lowered to the bottom of the container, drain the liquid and let it stand for 10 to 20 days.
To prepare a useful treat, you should take 1 kg of aronia berries, add a little hot water to the container and boil for 2 minutes. Prepare the syrup for the jam as follows: Dissolve 0.5 kg of granulated sugar in 400 to 450 ml of water. Boil the aronia with syrup, boil for a few minutes. Let the berries rest overnight, add the sugar (700 g) in the morning and cook for about 10 minutes. After even more hot jam pour into the banks.
The advantages of black aronia are indisputable with a responsible therapeutic approach. When you decide to be treated with valuable berries, you should contact a specialist – he or she will determine which treatment method is right for each person.
Aronia: medicinal properties and contraindications
The fruit shrub, known as the black fruit, is a plant full of surprises. First, the healing properties of black aronia are so pronounced and diverse that they are grown on an industrial scale to meet the needs of the pharmaceutical industry.
Secondly, it’s not a fight at all, although it belongs to the same Rosy family. This aronia is another botanical genus.
Third, it is sometimes confused with aronia Aronia, a wild North American shrub with inedible berries. In Russian gardens, the black carp is correctly called the black monk of the black carnival. It is the one who, through long-term breeding work, has cultivated the American wilderness, giving the world a precious medicinal plant.
Chemical composition and calorie content of aronia berries
In the strict botanical sense, these black fruits are not berries. These are small black or purplish black apples with seeds inside.
The chemical composition of the fruits of Aronia is well studied. Despite the fact that black fruits have a fairly sweet taste, their caloric content is relatively low – only 55 kcal per 100 grams of product.
The benefits of aronia for the body
The medicinal properties of a plant are determined by the content of vitamins, anthocyanins, flavonoids, pectins, tannins and the composition of mineral elements contained therein.
For example, the ratio of vitamins C and P in aronia fruits is so good that, when consumed in tissues, the hyaluronic acid content increases.
This natural biopolymer is actively used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology.
A aronia as a medicinal plant has the following properties:
- regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels;
- reduces capillary permeability, strengthens vascular walls;
- stimulates the immune system;
- has a diuretic effect;
- increases the acidity of gastric juice;
- has an astringent effect on the intestinal wall, reduces peristalsis;
- has a hepatoprotective effect;
- reduces anxiety;
- inhibits the ageing of the eyes;
- neutralizes radiation exposure.
Black aronia is often used to correct disorders due to iodine deficiency. It is believed that in its iodine fruits four times more than in any other. That is not quite the correct opinion. The content of this element varies considerably depending on the region of cultivation. Aronia, which grows on soils with low iodine content, will not be rich in itself.
Aronia benefits during pregnancy
A randomropod is a plant capable of reducing toxicosis in the first trimester of pregnancy. This is due to the hepatoprotective properties of its fruits.
Later, when many pregnant women suffer from edema, black worm juice can be used as a diuretic. That’s right, you have to be careful.
If the edema is accompanied by reduced pressure, it is preferable not to consume this product.
Aronia Michurin can be a complement to the treatment of these pregnancy disorders:
- hypertension in pregnant women;
- diabetes in pregnant women;
- placenta previa or detachment;
- intrauterine hematomas.
Before eating black insect fruits, it is important to consult a doctor to exclude pathologies in which this product is contraindicated. It should also be limited if pregnancy is accompanied by heartburn and constipation.
Aronia for children
The introduction of the black chop into the child’s diet can be from two years of age. Children do not always like the sour and astringent taste. It is therefore preferable to combine the fruits of aronia with other fruits and berries – for example, use them as part of fresh fruit juices, compotes or jellies.
As a remedy, the black worm will help the child with diarrhoea. At the same time, it gently inhibits peristalsis and supplies the intestines with dietary fibre, which binds and eliminates toxins. As a result, stools normalize quickly.
The powerful antioxidant effect of aronii fruits can also be used for viral infections, which are generally sensitive to children. In this case, pharmacotherapy is supplemented by a hot and hot drink containing black or honey or fresh mashed potatoes extracted from its fruits.
Traditional medicine recipes
Experience in traditional medicine has accumulated many ways to use aronia to treat various diseases.
The raw material can be used not only from the fruits, but also from the leaves of this plant, as well as from its bark.
Fruit can be harvested all fall until frost. The key is to correctly determine the right time when the black wolf has already matured but has not yet started to collapse. It is best to collect the leaves in early summer and the bark – in late fall, after the leaves have fallen and the sap flow has ended.
To prepare the curative vitamin drink, dried fruit and Aronia leaves are consumed in equal parts. Then place 3 tablespoons of this mixture in a thermos and pour 0.5 liter of boiled and cooled water at 700 ° C. Thermos close and leave for 1 hour.
The tea prepared can be sweetened with honey and taken during seasonal epidemics as an immunostimulant. During the day, you can drink 2-3 glasses of such a drink.
In the blackberry juice are many appointments.
It is recommended for the following diseases:
- hypoacid gastritis;
- sleep disorders caused by stress;
To prepare fresh aronia juice, you can use a regular household citrus squeezer or crush the fruit in a purée and squeeze the gauze.
You can also prepare juice for future use. This is done like this:
Squeezed fruit juice
- For 1 litre of juice is taken 1 cup of sugar and one third of a teaspoon of citric acid.
- The juice is poured into enamelled dishes, heats up slightly, sugar and citric acid dissolve.
- The juice is poured into jars or glass bottles, covered with a sterile lid and sterilized for 15 minutes in a pan with water.
- Once sterilization is complete, the containers are wrapped or hermetically sealed.
- This product is stored in a cool place. If the concentration seems too high, it is diluted with warm water in a 1:1 ratio before use. Aronia juice can be administered to a 150 ml child and a 250 ml adult twice a day.
You can make fortifying drinks from black insects with the addition of other ingredients: dried raspberries, rosehips, lime blossoms, cherry leaves and blackcurrant leaves. All available raw materials are combined in equal proportions.
To prepare, take 3 tablespoons of the mixture, put it in a thermos and pour 0.5 liter of boiling water. They all insisted on 2-3 hours. If the drink is prepared with wild rose fruit, you must insist longer – at least 12 hours. Use hot on 2-3 glasses a day.
Sometimes, the alcoholic tincture of aronia is prepared as a stimulating and strengthening agent. Do it this way:
- Take 500 grams of ripe fruit of aronia, 0.5 liter of vodka and 3 tablespoons of honey.
- The fruit is poured into a suitable glass container, where the honey is placed.
- Everything is poured with vodka and shaken vigorously.
- The container is plugged and placed in a dark and cold place (not in the refrigerator).
- For 2.5 months, the drink is shaken every 4 days.
- The final tincture can be consumed in 1 tablespoon to normalize sleep, stimulate appetite and indigestion.
Prevention of atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis is a dangerous disease of the blood vessels, which is accompanied by a deposit of cholesterol on their walls. To prevent it, use a decoction of black wolf bark.
The harvested bark is crushed with a mixer and dried. Then they take 5 tablespoons of raw materials, put them in an enamel bowl, pour 0.5 litres of boiling water and put them on a small fire. The mixture is boiled for 2 hours, cooled, filtered and taken 20 grams 3 times a day.
The pronounced hypotensive effect of aronia prevents its use in the treatment of hypertension. To reduce the pressure, they use juice, an infusion or a decoction of black fruits.
To prepare the infusion, pour 0.5 cups of fresh or dried fruit into a thermos, pour 2 cups of boiling water and let stand for one day. Take 100 ml 3 times a day during the month.
The broth is prepared from a cup of fruit and a litre of boiling water. The mixture is boiled for 10 minutes, cooled and taken in the same way as the infusion.
It is important to constantly monitor the pressure. If it is stabilized, the reception of black fruits should be limited.
Before treating anemia, it is necessary to establish its appearance. The fact is that with hemolytic or sickle cell anemia, the black wolf does not help. It will benefit not only from iron deficiency anemia or iron deficiency anemia, because its iron and folic acid content is low.
In case of bleeding, anemia can be used in addition to complex therapy. For 3 tablespoons, 0.5 l of boiling water is taken, infused in a thermos day and taken 1 glass 3 times a day.
Healing liqueur with black fruits and cherry leaves
A light liquor can be taken as an anti-stress relaxing agent.
Prepare it like this:
- For 400 grams of aroniaberry, 80 fresh cherry leaves, 300 grams of sugar, 1 teaspoon of citric acid, 1 liter of vodka and 1.5 liter of water.
- The leaves are washed and boiled for 10 minutes, removed and a black carp is poured into the boiling broth.
- After 10 minutes, add the sugar, wait for it to dissolve, pour citric acid and extinguish the fire.
- The mixture is cooled, filtered, combined with vodka and bottled.
- Keep such a liqueur in the refrigerator. You can take it at 40 grams before bedtime.
Chokeberry – indications and contraindications
By summarizing all the information, it is possible to systematize the beneficial properties of a black bear and its contraindications:
As a common bay, black aronia, whose benefits and contraindications are known to doctors and traditional healers, is eaten in different forms. Nature has given it an interesting and useful composition, as well as a specific taste. What are the main characteristics of this plant?
Berry features and use options
By growing in gardens and dacha plots, aronia or black aronia reveals its beneficial properties due to its composition. In the black berry, you can find a large amount of vitamins, substances and trace elements that have a healthy and tonic effect on a person. However, berries are not the only ones considered as “natural medicines”. The advantages of black aronia are found in its leaves, which can be used to brew tea.
When considering the beneficial effects of aronia, you should familiarize yourself with the approximate composition of the fruits of this medicinal plant.
- Aronia shows its beneficial properties thanks to its vitamin composition. Vitamins B, C, E, A, PP and K are found in the fruits of the plant.
- You can also find tannins, glucose, fibre, sucrose, fructose in the berries.
- Among the organic acids present in aronia are oxalic, citric and malic acids. However, the amount of these substances in the plant composition is less than the number of other useful components.
- The berries are rich in black aronia with the following elements: bromine, iodine, molybdenum, copper, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, fluorine, sodium, iron and magnesium.
- The composition of the medicinal plant also includes pectins, flavonoids, starch and ash, glycosides and sorbitol.
- It should be noted that black aronia contains practically no fat, has a low calorie content (no more than 55 kcal per 100 grams of product). At the same time, carbohydrates (more than 45 calories) play a more important role in its composition.
- Due to its special natural composition, this healing plant may have a different effect on the human body.
The use of aroniaberry helps to reduce the risk of developing certain serious diseases of the cardiovascular system and to prevent the degeneration of the body’s cells into malignant variants.
Specialists noted the benefits of aronia for the immune system. The plant’s fruits help strengthen the immune system and resist various colds.
The main characteristic of the black bay is that it is able, due to its composition, to clean the body from the inside, while activating protection against radiation and other negative radiation. Therefore, dried or fresh sea buckthorn should be included in the diet of people who are often exposed to X-rays, radiation and UV rays.
Favourably affects black cholera on the digestive system, eliminating various ailments and improving the digestion process.
Marked use of aronia and blood. In particular, the fruits of the plant saturate the body with iron, as well as the use of berries regularly help to fight bleeding and thickening of the blood.
Blackfloat used and outside. It is able to affect skin condition, has rejuvenating and healing effects, cleanses the skin and relieves skin diseases.
By providing a tonic and tonic effect, aronia has a positive effect on the brain, nervous system and psyche. It is able to stabilize emotions, reduce stress, improve memory and attention. Because it is recommended to use it during mental effort, with sleep problems, in the period of apathetic states.
This berry is considered universal because the black aronia retains its useful properties in fresh, dried and frozen forms. It is widely used not only as a medicinal plant, but also in cooking. With a specific taste, an Arctic can complement sweet dishes, be part of fruit drinks and fruit juices. And also make chokeberry wines, obtained by fermenting fruit with the addition of vodka (brandy).
In what form should aronia be used?
- Pure nectars, berry fruit drinks. Compotes and juices in combination with other fruits.
- Jam, black fruit jam, apple, rosehip or other ingredients will have a positive effect on your well-being.
- Vodka tincture is a decoction and infusion, as well as a common healing option.
- Compresses masks and external lotions.
- Teas brewed only with berries or with the addition of leaves, supplemented by other delicious ingredients.
- Pour in wine or blueberries, which can also be prepared at home on their own.
Medicinal effect on the body
By asking the following question: what are the advantages and disadvantages of aridity for a person, you must imagine during which diseases it is worth adding black berries to the diet. At the same time, experts believe that the medicinal characteristics of aronia are beginning to appear after a week of regular consumption of the plant’s fruits.
Useful properties of aronia: diseases, which help the berry:
- Hypertension in the early stages. Aronia will also be useful as a support agent for hypertension of an ingrained nature.
- Oncological diseases, including stomach or intestinal cancer. It has been scientifically proven that the use of aronia is slowed down in the development of esophageal tumours. The presence of berries in the diet can reduce the risk of disease.
- Anemia, atherosclerosis, poor blood clotting, measles.
Reduced immunity, recovery period after prolonged illnesses, including those of a viral nature (e. g. influenza), vitamin deficiency.
- Poor stomach work, especially lack of gastric juice.
- Eating disorders. Black aronia is able to increase appetite, while saturating it quickly enough and eliminating the false feeling of hunger. Therefore, the benefits of aronia are proven for people suffering from obesity or bulimia.
- Due to the presence of natural sugars, black berries were used to eat diabetics. With diabetes, aronia helps to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Different types of poisoning, diarrhea.
- Diseases of the endocrine system, especially thyroid diseases, caused by iodine deficiency.
- Pathology of the liver, bile ducts.
- Providing anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects, black avocado is recommended for use in case of problems with the urogenital system.
- Intestinal diseases, caused in particular by viruses, E. coli. Staphylococcus, typhus.
- Vascular diseases of a different nature. Dark aronia reveals useful properties and has beneficial effects in case of vessel fragility, their permeability may manifest itself in the form of short-term or permanent bleeding.
- Eye diseases (eye pressure, glaucoma).
- Different forms of dermatitis, eczema and other skin problems.
- Aronia “eliminates” cholesterol, which is negative for human health and also influences the work of the adrenal glands.
- Radiation disease
- Some forms of gastritis.
- With the diagnosis of “chronic fatigue syndrome”, aronia is an essential part of the diet.
- In case of poisoning by arsenic vapours, aronium is mainly used, which makes things easier.
- It is also noted that this medicinal plant, if used in the form of tea or juice, has a positive effect on the condition of the pregnant woman.
Possible negative effects on the body
The fact that the black wolf has beneficial properties and contraindications has long been known in medicine. And if the range of positive effects of a medicinal plant is very diverse, what about the negative impact? In which cases should aronii be treated with caution, what harm can it cause with excessive use?
Adverse effects and potential side effects of aronia:
- Glut of vitamins, in particular PP and C.
- Possible allergic reaction (individually).
- Due to the high production of gastric juice, black avocado can cause heartburn, discomfort and heartburn.
- Extensive use of this berry will not allow calcium to be properly absorbed by the body.
- The diuretic effect negatively affects kidney disease, can lead to a state of dehydration. And also cause sand to form.
- Significant decrease in pressure.
- Due to its astringent properties, black aronia can cause constipation.
- Coagulation of blood, aronia can increase the risk of blood clots forming in the blood vessels.
The use of a medicinal plant in case of ulcerative diseases of the digestive organs is unacceptable:
- Age up to 3 years.
- Varicose veins, thrombophlebitis.
- Stones and sand in the kidneys, gallbladder.
- Cystitis and tendency to have frequent urination.
- Gastritis on the bottom of the high acidity of the stomach.
- Individual intolerance, allergic reaction to aronia.
Three recipes for cooking black at home
Black chokeberry wine
Components for 4 litres of wine:
- chokeberry berries (2 kg);
- sugar (2 kg);
- black grapes (200 grams).
Preparation: unwashed black fruit berries are poured into the container, existing raisins are added, products are poured with sugar from above (500 to 600 grams) and filled with water (just over half the capacity). The container must be closed and left in a dark, dry place, stirring the composition inside daily.
Within two weeks, gradually add the remaining sugar and let the wine rest for 30 days. As soon as all the fruit falls to the bottom of the container, empty the liquid and let it rest for 10 to 20 days.
To modify the taste of black chokeberry wine, you can experiment with the amount of sugar, raisins, as well as add additional ingredients, such as apples or cherries.
- chokeberry berries (1 kg);
- cherry leaves (50-70 grams);
- sugar (600-800 grams);
- water (1 liter);
- citric acid (15-20 grams).
How to cook: pour boiling water with chokeberry berries and boiled cherry leaves, boil. After removing the leaves, add citric acid. Remove the container from the stove, let it cool, let it steep in a dark place during the day. Filter the liquid, add sugar and put the syrup on the stove. Stir constantly, bring to a boil. Then pour into a clean container.
- Aronia (1 glass of fruit);
- cherry leaves (120-150 grams);
- a pound of sugar;
- 0.5 liters of vodka;
- a liter of water.
Preparation: add the fruits and leaves to the water, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes. After adding sugar, mix, remove from the hot plate and allow to cool. Pour the mixture with vodka, close the container tightly and leave it in a dark place for 10 to 14 days. Then, the existing liquor is well filtered and poured into the prepared bottle.
Interesting to know:
With a specific taste and a wide range of useful properties, black aronia can be an addition to many dishes. Its moderate use will not cause any damage, but it will help to improve health, saturate the body with vitamins and help to get rid of unpleasant conditions.
The medicinal properties and contraindications are known to many healers and are now available to almost all Internet users. Thanks to current technology, everyone can enjoy the full power of nature’s herbs and fruits.
What helps aronia?
Aronia or Chokeberry is found mainly in the wild in the swamps and forests of North America. A recent study by the United States Department of Agriculture found that, in most cases, it contained antioxidants.
Aronia and its fruits grow in shrubs and produce small black/purple berries similar to blueberries. The berries are quite acidic in taste due to the high content of tannin and pectin, so they can be eaten. The anthocyanin content is dense: 1480 mg per 100 mg (three times more than in blueberries). ORAC (radial oxygen absorption capacity) measures the antioxidant capacity of 16,062 micromoles per 100 g.
One of the main advantages of these fruits is their anti-degenerative / cancerous effect. This is due to chemicals called polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that protect the body from cellular damage. They help to protect against ignition sources caused by free radicals, acting in conjunction with vitamins K and C. It has been found that aronia extract can reduce oxidative stress in the blood cells of breast cancer patients. New research is revealing more and more health benefits from the regular presence of aronia juice, extract or berries.
Several compounds, including quinine acid, contained in aronia, prevent both inflammatory diseases and infections, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. It is well known that cranberries are effective against urinary tract infections, but we now know that black bilberries are ten times more effective.
Extracts rich in antioxidants also prevent neuronal diseases and brain problems. Of course, maintaining a low-fat, high antioxidant diet reduces the risk of obesity and insulin resistance. Berry can also protect the beta cells of the pancreas and the inflammation of diabetes. Some reports have suggested that chlorogenic acids slow carbohydrate absorption. The study was conducted in adult male rats with bad cholesterol, blood sugar and lipids that decreased significantly.
In addition to all the advantages mentioned above, aronia is rich in carotene, which protects the eyes. High flavonoids, such as luteins, polyphenols and zeaxanthin, which exert a photo-filtration effect on UV rays, also provide effective protection for those who sit at their computers day and night.
As a result, chokeberry berries are beginning to gain popularity. Rich in anthocyanins, carotenes, flavonoids and other organic antioxidants. A high level of vitamins – mainly A, C, E and folic acid. High mineral content, especially potassium, iron and manganese.
They help to improve digestion. The fibre it contains helps digestion and helps prevent constipation, diarrhea, cramps and inflammation of the abdominal cavity. The organic compounds contained in aronia fruits also protect the intestines from the proliferation of certain dangerous bacteria.
Prevent premature aging. One of the main characteristics of this fruit is its richness in antioxidants, particularly quercetin, epicatechin, caffeic acid, malvidin, lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidant substances help to eliminate free radicals from the blood and, therefore, throughout the body, by preventing diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and arteriosclerosis.
They help to lose weight. These berries are low in calories and fat and, in addition, they are high in fibre. Thus, your consumption increases the feeling of satiety, feeds you with healthy ingredients, but does not feed you.
Stimulates the immune system. One of the vitamins that has the largest share is vitamin C, which, as you know, stimulates the activity of white blood cells, which act on the body’s immune response. Recent studies confirm its antiviral properties, demonstrated in the fight against the influenza virus, as well as its bactericidal capacities to fight Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli, among other bacteria.
Prevent diabetes. Its high fibre content is also associated with the ability to regulate insulin secretion, avoiding fluctuations in levels, which can be dangerous for people with diabetes. Berries can also help prevent disease.
They improve eye health. The carotenes present in these berries can reduce oxidative stress in the eye cells, prevent macular degeneration and slow or prevent the development of cataracts. A team of researchers from the University of Maryland’s Department of Nutrition and Bromatology analyzed anthocyanin-rich grape, blueberry and aronia berry extracts. The chemoprophylactic activity against colon cancer of these three extracts was shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells, but the black bilberry extract was the most potent.
They regulate blood pressure and prevent heart disease. Its rich potassium content is high enough to have a significant effect on heart health, as this mineral is known for its powerful vasodilatory effect, capable of regulating blood pressure. The fibre content and its antioxidants also help improve heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and eliminating free radicals.
Aronia increases or decreases the pressure?
Berries contain a lot of potassium, which displaces the salt from blood and tissues, allowing you to mark the constant regulation of pressure. Traces of edema, excess water and heavy metals are also excreted. Blood pressure drops and black aronia is proudly called a drug for hypertensive patients. It is taken in the form of juice and, to prepare it, smothers the aronia and squeezes the liquid.
During the day, you cannot drink more than a quarter cup, otherwise you may notice diarrhea. To improve the effect, instead of increasing the dosage, consume honey, which will be combined with the components and give an irreversible (good) effect. It is best to use the recipe before meals, about half an hour for better absorption.
Aronia thickens the blood or makes it thin?
Black worm calms nerves and reduces pressure, but it has a very negative effect on blood, binding components and thickening its consistency. You can use aronia fruits when:
- kidney disease
- stomach ulcer,
- with increased blood clotting,
- against the formation of thrombosis.
In other cases, it is not recommended, but if it does not exceed the dose, it has no negative or side effects.
Prenatal nutrition with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is important to ensure adequate neurodestruction of infants. Several grease supplements with DHA are available in different chemical structures. At the end of pregnancy, there is increased placental phospholipase activity. The hypothesis of this study was to determine whether DHA intake from aronia berries during pregnancy could be useful, as phospholipids (PL) may be more available than triglycerides (TG) to absorb the accumulation of DHA and embryos from embryos.
Experts in this field have focused on assessing the maternal health of DHA in pregnant rats who received DHA as PL from egg yolk or TG from aronia fruits, to determine which source would be most effective during pregnancy. Three experimental diets were tested:
The total PL content of these diets was 2%, 12% and 38% respectively. The experts determined the absorption of dietary fats and quantitative fatty acids by gas chromatography in the tissues of the mother and embryo. Dietary PL has significantly improved dietary fat absorption. However, animals that consumed the highest amount of PL in their diet (38% PL and 9% DHA-PL) retained most of the fat absorbed in the mother’s liver, thus contributing to liver steatosis, which was not observed in low PL diets (12%). and 2%).
Despite the higher fat absorption in diets containing PL, maternal and fetal tissues (including fetal brain) did not reveal significant differences in DHA content between the 2.5% DHA-PL and 2.5% DHA-TG serum groups. And the scientists concluded that the chemical form of DHA consumed by a rat during pregnancy (PL or TG) has no differential effect on the accumulation of DHA in the fetal brain and that both sources of lipids can also be used to add DHA to the mother during pregnancy.
Thus, published scientific studies. They claim that blueberry consumption is not necessary to obtain vitamins, but that it can harm the fetus and mother because of acids and fatty acids.
Aronia juice: useful properties and contraindications
Laboratory tests have shown that chokeberry juice contains more nutrients than apples, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, cranberries, grapes, oranges, pears, prunes, raspberries and other fruits generally grown for the manufacture of by-products.)
When oxygen interacts with cells, oxidation is inevitable. The cells die and are replaced by new cells. This is a natural process that provides health to our body. Although the body was created to treat oxygen, a small percentage of cells are damaged during the oxidation process and turn into free radicals. They are “free” because they do not have an essential molecule that would remain stable. To find the missing molecule, they continue to “walk” through the body, removing the molecules where they are. In this process, the DNA of other cells can be damaged. Free radicals cause a chain reaction leading to aging and disease.
The exceptionally high nutrient value in aronia is mainly due to the dark purple pigments of the fruit. These water-soluble pigments are anthocyanins. They accumulate in cellular vacuoles and are largely responsible for a variety of pigmentation ranging from orange to red, purple and blue in plants, fruits and vegetables.
According to Dr. Ronald Wrolstad, Professor of Food Science and Technology at the University of Oregon, more than 300 structurally distinct anthocyanins have been identified. Anthocyanins are one of the types of flavonoid compounds widely distributed in plant polyphenols.
The total anthocyanin content of fruit juice (untreated liquid) is 1480 mg per 100 g fresh berries and 664 mg per 100 g fresh berries, the main active ingredients being phenolic substances, mainly flavonoids of the anthocyanin subclass. Studies have shown that antioxidants help reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, inflammation, diabetes, bacterial infections and neurological diseases.
The juice of the berries corresponds to the definition of nutraceuticals. This term combines the words “nutrition” and “pharmaceutical products”. This word was coined in the 1990s by Dr. Steven L. Defelis, founder and president of the Foundation for Innovative Medicine in Crawford, New Jersey. Nutraceuticals are any substance that constitutes a food or part of a food that provides medical or prophylactic benefits, including the traditional and traditional ability to heal people.
These figures explain that chokeberry juice is several times more useful than the berry itself. If we talk about benefits, it is easy to note the benefits that have been derived and found, based on experience. Of course, it is more tasty and convenient to eat the fruit in a separate dish or as part of a recipe. But no one says that juice is not useful or dangerous with its acids. On the contrary, it reaches the “bad” sides of the body much more quickly, restoring the damaged cellular structure.
On the basis of such statements by many scientists, it has been found that the fruits of aronia, as well as their juices, even when delivered for sale, cannot be simple products – it is a real treatment complex derived from traditional medicine and folk extract in medicine!